Friday, April 21, 2017

DIGITAL DETOX.


Hello everyone. I am back with new update!

I was once made a promise to myself that I will blog once a week, or perhaps once every two weeks. I do not know how long it will last, but we will see.


Alhamdulillah, my husband and I are now slowly adapting to our new home. We were awkward at first, but it was indeed a wonderful experience to stay under one roof; just the two of us. In fact, we’ve learnt a lot about each other even more than before. We are definitely not sharing the same opinion all the time. We argue, we fight but later we get to certain point and that’s what I love about our relationship.


Now the fact that I am married, I have noticed some changes inside me and of course; my surrounding as well.




I am not into social media that much anymore.




If you’ve been following my social media, you would know that I don’t post a status/picture as often as other people. (Exclude insta-story maybe ha ha) For some reason, I found myself NOT sharing as much information about my personal life as before.

I know this is totally a personal opinion, but I don’t feel like sharing my marriage life on social media. As for my husband, I know that he doesn’t prefer me to post any photo of us that much too.




I didn’t post what he gave me for my birthday.
I didn’t post where we were going during the weekend.
I didn’t post what gifts he surprised me.
I didn’t post what kind of meals I cooked for him.


And etc.



I just want to clarify here and I am NOT against people who post their current life. It’s their social media after all. I am more than happy to see people posting their graduation photo, family trip, and so forth.

As much as I respect other people’s right, I am here standing firm on keeping my marriage life in private. (Well, not that 100% private but you get what I mean). I CHOOSE what I want to post, I CHOOSE what I want to share to public.




I CHOOSE, not RESTRICT.




I may sound old school, but I believe that IT IS FINE NOT-TO-SHARE EVERYTHING ON SOCIAL MEDIA. Just because I don’t share it does not mean I am not happy and content with my life. Only Allah knows how blessed and thankful I am with what HE is giving me right now.

I used to be so attached with my phone, social media particularly. I would spent hours scrolling on my social media, that ended up with nothing but a waste of time. I am not gonna do that when I'm married. I am aware that some people would disagree with me, yet I am not here to please anyone either. I guess marriage life has changed me quite abit, a good changes definitely. Nevertheless, I am hoping that I can still keep in touch with my family member and of course, my close friends. I am back-to-basic where I would prefer to meet up personally, perhaps having a good meal/lunch with no phone distraction whatsoever. That would be nice :)

That's all for now. Sorry (not sorry) if this post is offending you in some way. Like I mentioned earlier, this is totally a personal opinion. Here is an interesting article that I would like to share with you. It will explain more on what I was talking about. You will like it and most part of all, you will understand better.

Click below.


No comments: