Tuesday, July 15, 2014

5 ADVISES THAT I WOULD TELL TO MY YOUNGER SELF.


IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE MOST GRACIOUS THE MOST MERCIFUL


It's 4.20 in the morning and here am I, still wide awake. I'm having a very bad sleep cycle since the first day of Ramadhan. I would usually sleep around 2-3am or even not sleep at all until Sahur and straight to Fajr prayer. Oh time flies so fast that we are now reaching the middle of Ramadhan. Like any other muslim, I don't want Ramadhan to end. Atleast not that fast. 

While trying so hard to sleep (which I failed at the end), I thought that why not if I blog? It's funny to think of me blogging when it's been awhile since I blog, like in 2012 or something? Big LOL. This is so random and I come to realize that I miss blogging so much. I may consider of doing it back. Not sure if anybody would read my blog but I do have my own intention, for my self development atleast. I just wanna share the thoughts and opinion so that perhaps may benefit other people in some way. InshaAllah.

As stated (title) above, I have listed 5 ADVISES that I would tell to my YOUNGER self. Cause you see, I have so many things that somehow, I wish I can change it back. But at the end of the day, Allah has planned and this is the best. 



1) STUDY HARD, GET SCHOLARSHIP AND FLY OVERSEAS TO FURTHER STUDIES

I wasn't a bright student in school. Nevertheless, I am thankful for the opportunity to further my diploma and degree in one of local university in Malaysia. However, I can't deny the fact that somehow I wish I can further my studies abroad (just like my younger sister. She's studying in US now). I believe that I can learn so many things if I get to study abroad that there is none in Malaysia.


2) DON'T BELIEVE GUYS (Alert: I'm not saying 'every' of them)

Ever since I was in school until university years, I don't have many guy friends. Not that I don't wanna mingle around with them, it's just that I decided to not to get TOO CLOSE with them. I'm proud to say that I have, like 2-3 guy friends that I can totally rely on and we're still keep in touch (not that often, perhaps once every 2-3 weeks. it depends). Due to that, perhaps I was too naive and tend to believe what guys was telling me before. Like one of my favorite Taylor's song's FIFTEEN:


Cause when you're fifteen, somebody tells you they love you
and you're gonna believe them.


3) DON'T GET ATTACHED ON FRIENDS WHO DOESN'T APPRECIATE YOU

As a normal teenager, I used to get close with someone. We used to do things together. It's sad to think that we aren't that close anymore. But hey, chin up dear self! Nobody's to be blamed here. It's part of life. So what if we aren't friends anymore? It doesn't mean we're still in fight or anything. Simply means that their part in our lives is over. Friends come and go. The real one stays. Be thankful for those who stays, be even happier that we're gonna meet new friends! So... yeayyy!


4) MIX WITH NON MALAYS

People might find this weird, but I wish I can be friends with non malays as close as I do with my malay friends. I used to have a few of them when I was in high school. I still remember the moment when we did study group together. Since I am Malay, so I taught them Bahasa Malaysia. My Chinese friend was good in Prinsip Akaun and my Indian friend was good in Sejarah. We were tutoring one another based on our strength. Not to offend anybody, but perhaps it all started when I studied in UiTM. Since then, I don't have any non Malay friends anymore. Who knows if I can have them back when I work soon? InshaAllah.


5) IMPROVE MY ENGLISH SKILLS

My uni friends always telling me that my English is good. Eventho I was an emcee for few events and one of guest of speakers complimented me on my English skills, trust me, I have nothing to be proud of. I feel like my English is getting worst than ever. I am still stuttering when it comes to speak. Let alone WRITING! I am hoping that blogging can somehow, improve my writing skills. I might need to read alot (no I HAVE TO!). Yes, I can be such a lazy bum at times. It is time to get my self motivation back on track. 



So that's pretty much it. I'm not saying that I am not happy with what I have now. Alhamdulillah, I am truly blessed. I believe that whatever happened before, it was for the best. Past is past. The only thing that I looked back is to see how wiser I have become. I am now 24. I have learnt so many things, and there is definitely more to come. Embrace every moment of my life, while I can. I'm waiting for what's coming next. May Allah ease my journey in this world and of course, in the hereafter.




What's the purpose of life?
LILLAHI TAALA.




Regards,
Atika Farha









1 comment:

Ly_Tulip said...

Hi Farha,

Lama x jalan dekat blog u. your 5 advises tu memang bagos dan berkesan.. :)